Because of the wide range of simulation development, analysis and deployment applications that D-Six supports, Bihrle Applied Research Inc. offers the D-Six simulation environment in three complete packages to better meet user needs. Each package includes a single user license for
D-Six, which includes features listed below.
- D-Six Real Time Simulation Engine
PC based Direct X windowed engineering graphics
- Out-the-window view w/ HUD
- User configurable external views
- Configurable velocity vector and flight path streamers
- Graphical model database editing and manipulation interface
- Input / Output Device (IOD) interface for communication with joystick and other hardware / software interfaces
- Powerful scripting engine that allows the user to control, interpret and export D-Six operations and data remotely or in batch operations
- Comprehensive simulation and flight test analysis and plotting interface
- Flight test data import and editing interface
- Control stick/surface signal generator and editor interface
- Simulation model "Overdrive" interface
- Control surface "Overdrive" interface
- Control stick "Overdrive" interface
- Real time strip chart plotting tool
- Real time instrumentation development interface
- Dynamically configurable sound interface
Complete demonstration models
- Business Jet
- High Performance Fighter
- D-Six Simulation Environment
- D-Six Project Wizard
- D-Six Module Wizard
- D-Six I/O Module Wizard
- D-Six Math Function Wizard
- D-Six Reconfigurable HUD
- MATLAB / D-Six Interface Library
- Aeroport Database Conversion Tool with MATLAB Extensions
- Flight test and Simulation Data Base Import Format Conversion Support
- 1 Year D-Six Support
- 1 Year Developer Support
- 1 Year of Developer Software and Module Upgrades
- 3-Days Training in Hampton,VA of up to 2 People
|D-Six Developer is BAR's complete D-Six software solution that enables the user to access all the basic D-Six functionality while providing a host of additional model development and deployment capability. Developer includes the project "Wizard" that assists the user in the development of new simulation projects. Numerous other "Wizards" are included to assist in the development and modification of simulation interfaces and capabilities. The Aeroport database conversion tool, as well as the MATLAB function library is included to assist in the importation, development and analysis of the most complex simulations.
Please note that the DSix package does not include the C++ compiler. Microsoft Visual Studio C++ is recommended for use with DSix.
|Training for Additional Personnel
||BAR can expand the number of personnel trained in a single training session up to a maximum of six. The additional training costs are provided in blocks of 2 people additional beyond the 2 people per software copy
Additional D-Six Developer Licenses
||BAR provides a discount for the purchase of multiple copies of D-Six Developer in a single purchase. This discount only applies if all training for the software purchase is held in a single session (multiple sessions for more than 3 copies)
- D-Six Simulation Environment
- Flight test data import format conversion support
- 1 year D-Six email Support
- 1 year D-Six Desktop Upgrades
|The D-Six Desktop package provides users with the full D-Six functionality, but does not contain the simulation development tools and "Wizards" that are packaged in D-Six Developer. This package allows the user to access all D-Six simulation
operation, validation, visualization, hardware interface and deployment features using preconfigured simulations. The graphic display interfaces available also make D-Six desktop an excellent tool for flight and simulation data visualization. The e-mail support included with a
Desktop license will focus primarily on the configuration and operation of D-Six in applications typical of those described above.
|Additional D-Six Desktop Licenses
||Bihrle provides a discount of 25% for single purchases of 5 or more copies of D-Six Desktop
D-Six Multi Model (MM)
- 1 copy D-Six Developer
- 1 copy D-Six Desktop
- D-SixNet network simulation package, consisting of a network server application, individual network modules and a network controller module
- Full Developer support
- 4 days training for up to 2 people in Hampton, Va (see Developer for other training options)
|The D-six Multi Model package provides D-Six users with a cost effective bundle of D-Six Developer and D-Six Desktop applications, which combined with the D-SixNet option (described in more detail below), allows the user to operate multiple copies
of D-Six in a distributed LAN or WAN (Internet) environment. As a result, all of D-Six's development, visualization and analysis tools are available for the user in a networked multi vehicle environment. D-Six MM greatly expedites the development and evaluation of interactive
vehicle applications, such as multiple Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) investigations, aerial refueling applications, multiple vehicle air combat investigations, and others.
D-SixNet Network Package
- D-Six Network interface modules
- D-Six Network Server
- D-Six Network controller module
- 1 year D-SixNet support
- 1 year D-SixNet updates
|The D-SixNet Network Package allows multiple Developer and/or Desktop users to network their simulations sessions together distributed over a Local or Wide Area Network. The package provides a server application that provides the coordination of the
network information to all network entities, a network module that attaches to each D-Six application, and a controller module that one of the D-Six installations can use to control the operation of the network and the other network objects. Using unique graphical interfaces,
users can also dynamically configure the information passed to other users on the network. Network saves and replays, along with all the other analysis, visualization and developmental tools provided by D-Six, provide simulation developers with rapid development and analysis
capabilities for any multiple vehicle application. Please note that the Multi Model package comes with this module.
D-Six Target and Real Time Workshop Interface Module
- D-Six Target for RTW
- D-Six RTW interface Module
- 1 year D-Six RTW support
(Requires MathWorks Real Time Workshop® Auto Coder)
|The D-Six Target and Real Time Workshop (RTW) Interface Module provides MATLAB Simulink users with a seamless way to integrate block diagram models developed in Simulink as real time components in D-Six. Using the RTW Auto Coder from MathWorks, the D-Six Target allows C code (or Ada code) output from RTW to be directly imported and linked as a D-Six simulation element. The RTW Interface Module provides the user with a convenient graphical interface to expedite the mapping of code I/O between D-Six and the Simulink model. This module also handles the timing synchronization between the Simulink model and D-Six. The module also allows the simultaneous access to multiple Simulink models, and provides the mapping and function call source code required to integrate the model code into D-Six. Combined with other native D-Six/MATLAB interaction, this tool allows fully interactive model and system development with no coding required
- Bit3 PCI shared memory interface card, VME interface, and cable
- Bit3 / D-Six IOD interface module
- National Instruments AT-MIO-16DE-10 A/D interface card and cable
- NIDAC / D-Six IOD interface module
- Other National Instrument data acquisition card interfaces available as well
- Configurable Ethernet hardware IOD interface module
|Lab Options are intended for D-Six Developer or Desktop users who wish to extend their D-Six applications to interface with hardware beyond the basic applications. Some of the available modules and interfaces allow D-Six to communicate with shared
memory interfaces, analog and digital I/O, Ethernet devices, etc. Bihrle also provides a module that allows the users to expand the engineering graphics to multiple full screen applications, taking advantage of Windows multi-monitor capability to provide a very low cost
multi-channel graphics capability. Bihrle can also provide engineering services to develop any special device interface, please call for a quote.
- Intel Pentium IV Processor*
- Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP
- Minimum 120gb Hard drive*
- Minimum 512 mb RAM *
- Sound Blaster Live Sound Card
- Minimum Nvidia based 32mb 3D AGP Graphics*
- 10/100 Ethernet Adapter
- 17" LCD Monitor
- Microsoft Precision Pro Joystick
- 1 year warrantee
|In order to provide the simplest, most compatible hardware system deployment for out customers, Bihrle will build and configure a high quality PC system if desired. Hardware packages are delivered with D-Six and all relevant software installed,
configured and tested. The installation and configuration of specialized interface cards as required by any of the Lab Options can also be specified.
* Due to constant flux in hardware costs and specifications, specific processors and graphics card are not listed, but are chosen to be in the high-end of the current market. Please request a quote for up to date configuration specifications. Custom configurations are available
and priced accordingly.
|Graphic Hardware and Software
||While D-Six provides its users with native PC based 3-D graphic visualization, some users have a need for more representative or photorealistic graphic capability. Bihrle has developed a high performance interface with MetaVR's high fidelity graphics Image Generator. In addition, Bihrle is a re-seller for a number of large screen plasma displays. If desired,
cost effective graphics packages can be arranged for very high fidelity out-the-window graphics applications.
||Bihrle Applied Research has been supporting the aerospace industry with the development of high fidelity simulation models for over 25 years. Our expertise in wind tunnel and flight test data acquisition and analysis, math model development, and
D-Six support activities is available to our customers. Please let us know how we can assist your simulation project.
D-Six is a component based software platform that allows new features to be added by loading plug-in modules. Modules are usually located in the main D-Six directory and always have a D6X extension. Modules may be distributed separately from D-Six, and new modules can be developed and
distributed by other software vendors. D-Six includes the following modules:
||Provides advanced plotting and data editing capabilities.
||Provides a clear view of data variables and significant simulation control capabilities.
||Creates virtual triggers based on the values of D-Six variables that emulate pressing a key or joystick button in I/O Devices.
||Provides sound capabilities.
||Provides DirectX based 3D graphics in one or more configurable windows.
||Provides graphical instrumentation in one or more windows.
||Includes support for Keyboards, Joysticks, and other generic hardware devices for the Operating System. This will add triggers for buttons and keys and channels for Joysticks.
||Provides strip charts in one or more windows in real time during a simulation run.
||Includes the ability to capture and run from trim settings.
The following modules are available separately to provide specific additional functionality:
|Full Screen Display Graphics
||Full screen, multiple monitor version of the standard display graphics.
||Provides a configurable network environment for operating multiple simulations interactively.
||Network controller interface for use with the networking tools.
||I/O Devices support for several National Instruments I/O cards.
||I/O Devices support for the SBS 616/673 shared memory cards.
||I/O Devices support for PST control stick products.
|Matlab Real Time Workshop Target
||Provides a direct interface between Matlab Real Time Workshop and D-Six. Enables direct importation of Simulink block diagrams. click here for more information
||Enhanced graphics system for use with MetaVR graphics and networking software
||I/O Devices support for use with Fokker control systems.
||I/O Devices support for Crossbow Accelerometers.